CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer...

Summer seemed to stretch out endlessly before you as a kid and now it seems it is a short countdown of projects to try and get finished before school starts again. That sounded depressing...

I so enjoy having a job that allows this time off in order to relax, recharge and just get some sleep for a change. I am thankful for my job especially when so many good teachers are without one so I will NOT complain! However, I do tend to bite off more than I can chew-did you hear that, Mom?

I start off the summer thinking I will whip not only myself but my house and my entire next school year into shape in two short months. I am met with cold, hard reality time and time again. I think it is important to just make some steps in the right direction and let yourself relax for awhile because The First Day of School comes very quickly and there is no stopping that train!

I think I need to appreciate what I have been able to get done so far and not worry about what doesn't get done. Can I get a t-shirt made with that on it?

Check off the list:

~painted upstairs hallway

~driven to two different courthouses in two different towns to get baby girl's learner's permit Yay, Delaney!

~started this blog!

~made labels and pages for next year's scrapbooks

~ BEE binders totally together for new crop of Kindergarteners

~mapped out a year's worth of monthly budgets...seriously

~made pillows for both girl's bedrooms (some with French script-but, yes!)

~started Weight Watchers

~started walking with the mister in the morning

~tried new Chicken Picatta recipe

~started Weight Watchers again

~watched old movies with my girls

~had lunch with a dear friend that I had not seen in 15 years and it felt as if time had not passed at all

~watched To Kill a Mockingbird with the whole family on Father's Day

~ enjoyed a day at the lake laughing with friends like silly girls

~watched Mythbusters marathon with the mister and lived to tell about it

~sat outside with the family for hours just talking and watching the fireflies

~talked about what is really important to know before you leave for college with my oldest

~daydreamed...


I guess if my summer had to end here it would be complete but there is still time to work on my long checklist and hopefully get a third of it done.

But I might just be too busy counting fireflies...

3 comments:

  1. You get a big old hug for that post when I see you! That is LIVING! love you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens! You have accomplished SO MUCH already this summer. We are so hard on ourselves - thinking we are Wonder Woman! Most of your summer is spent planning how fantastic next year will be for your babies.

    I can't wait to see what you've done upstairs - now is the fun part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you mom! you do great work.school, us home, ..we love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you!