CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

School Prep...Bee Binders!

Alright, I have not had the courage to face Sam's yet to pick up the binders and colored copy paper but I wanted to post the pages so YOU can prep your binders if you are more together than I am!!  I have to be very clear, these pages are directly from Jessica Meacham's website.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jessica!!

Check out my page here that I have posted on how we utilize the Bee Binders.  Once you have tried them, you will LOVE them!

Bee Notebook Cover Blank




BEE.book.Introduction

These are the labels that we use for the inside of the folders.  Self explanatory, I know...
I used Avery 8860 1' x 2 5/8" labels.
Bee Folder Labels

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited! Our first grade team has chosen to use BEE Binders next year. Our school is an environmental school in its 3rd year and each grade level is a different theme. First Grade classrooms are called hives, so we chose to use BEE binders! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used several versions of the BEE binder over the years. I have had BEE binders, CHICK binders,GATOR binders and most recently SPOT binders (students prepared and organized today) I feel like they are invaluable!
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janine and Tessa, Thank you for writing! We love them and have used them for several years now. I don't think we could go back!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of this idea before, but never used it. Now with your explanations and cover letter, I think I am ready. Question: Do you use binders or three prong folders for your BEE binders and why? I lean towards the three prong folders because they are cheaper and smaller, BUT the binders would be sturdier and there may be other reasons to choose those. I welcome your suggestions (as always!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! We are the Bees at our school so this would be a perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Camille and Linda!

    Camille, we use the 1/2" white binders with the clear sleeve in the front for the cover page to slip into. We have tried the folders and have found that they just don't withstand the abuse of a five year old all year. The binders stand a better chance of making it to the end of the year. However, I think if you tried the sturdier, hard plastic folders, they would probably do just fine but I don't think there is much difference in price from the binders with those. I buy the binders from Sam's in a 7 pack for about $11. I spend $33 and have a few left over for new students or to save for next year.

    Let me know if you have any other questions!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you!