CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lunch Printables!

I thought I would post this info that our team includes in the Bee Binders on the first day of school (if we have the lunch numbers available by then).  Once each child knows their number and can enter it independently at lunch, I let them take a trip to the Treasure Tub once back in class.  Last year, all but two children knew their lunch number by the end of the first week!  Woohoo!! 



K Lunch Number Letter Blank

K Lunch Number Chart


Two upper grade teachers use this spreadsheet for their classes and they shared it with me.  I LOVE it!  I staple this sheet on the front of a large mailing envelope. This enables me to know exactly how much lunch money has been collected if ever a question arises. 

As I check Bee Binders every morning, I write in the amount of money collected next to the child's name and list the total number of lunches to be bought that day, place the money in the envelope and send it with my lunch helpers to the cafeteria. The cafeteria staff has told me that they like the simplicity of this chart and how easy it is to read. They just return it to my mailbox every afternoon for me to pick up for the next day.  Simple!  Thank you, Mrs. Strode and Mrs. McFerran!  



Lunch Chart Updated Blank

7 comments:

  1. This couldn't have come at a better time! My students have to memorize their lunch numbers as well and this is a great letter. I'll have to tweak it a bit since I don't teach K... but it is awesome!! I found in the Target $1 Spot a shower curtain. I plan on making the 10-Key Pad on it and using the Koosh balls that I found there too, so my kids can quickly identify their numbers. Once I get it done I'll post a picture. Again thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a great idea with the shower curtain-you HAVE to post that!! If you have trouble tweaking the letter, just let me know. I thought I should post a version without K on it specifically.

    Thank you for writing!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be downloading these for my B.E.E. Binders. Thanks for posting these Julie. :).

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh thanks for the lunch number letter. our cafeteria does the number crunching for us...but the kids must say their 3 or 4 digit number as they go through the line.
    i never thought about making the incentive to learn it quickly as a treasure chest pick...but sure will now!
    our parents can sign up to add money to their child's lunch account online...so we have very few that bring $ any longer. But we kinder teachers request parents send a larger amount to hold in their child's account...lunch ladies write a small note if child is running low or needs more funds...the online account sends parents emails when they need money...and they can look and see what kids bought and how much on a daily basis.
    technology can be great. i can remember holding a large green ticket to be punched out by our cafeteria lady when i was in grade school!
    laura
    lhardin@lcisd.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, I love that so many of your parents utilize the online system...our system just can't seem to take off so we still get quarters and wadded up bills! The pencil pouch that we have in their BEE binders is for the loose money, checks, notes, etc. so it isn't that bad. I imagine it is nice just not to have to fool with it all!

    The incentive really did the job last year and I loved seeing the look of independence the children had when they could punch in their own number the first time! Priceless!

    Thank you for writing!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas!! Just found your blog and am now a follower:) Come visit me:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you!